While I do not believe that Genesis 1 speaks directly against the theory of evolution, I do believe that the theology behind the theory of evolution has been around a lot longer than the theory itself.
In fact, the theology behind the theory of evolution has been around since the very beginning.
The verses we will look at today, Genesis 1:24-25, speak directly against these theological ideas. Listen to this episode to learn how.
The Text of Genesis 1:24-25
Genesis 1:24-25. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
In this discussion of Genesis 1:24-25 we look at:
- The first part of the sixth day of creation is the creation of the animals.
- How the creation of the animals is different than the creation of the plants.
- The three categories of animals that were created.
- Similarities of Genesis 1:24-25 with other creation accounts, and how the Genesis account is polemical against them.
- How Genesis 1:24-25 refutes the theology of evolution, even if it doesn’t speak to evolution itself.
- Become a Patron of the Podcast
- Collins, Genesis 1-4 – Amazon or CBD
- Hamilton, Genesis 1–17 – Amazon or CBD
- Keil & Delitzsch, Genesis – Amazon or CBD
- Morris, The Genesis Record – Amazon or CBD
- Ross, H. The Genesis Question – Amazon
- Sailhamer, EBC: Genesis – Amazon or CBD
- Sailhamer, Genesis Unbound – Amazon
- Walton, Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds – Amazon or CBD
- Walton, Lost World of Genesis One, Amazon or CBD
- Wenham, Genesis – Amazon or CBD
- Babylonian Account of the Creation of the Beasts of the Field
- fm – Helping you and your Theology Look Like Jesus
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.