This page contains sermons on Matthew I taught while I was a pastor in 2000-2005. Also, all those marked “Newsletter” are from a mailing list newsletter I sent out back in 2006.
Click here for other sermons.
Note that some aspects of my theology have changed since I taught these studies. See my blog series on theology for more.
Sermons on Matthew 5
- Matthew 5:1-2 – The Discipleship Manual
- Matthew 5:3 – Desperate Disciples (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:4 – Good Mourning (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:5 – Dying to be Meek (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:6 – Who’s Hungry? (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:7 – Mercy Me (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:8 – God: “Let’s Be Friends” (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:9 – Peacemakers at War (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:10 – Seven Steps to Persecution (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:11-12 – Suffering for Eternity (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:13 – Salt of the Earth (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:14a – Night Lights (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:14b – The Light of Love (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:15 – Shine (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:16 – Good Works (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:17 – Did You Sacrifice Your Sheep Today? (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:18 – Passing on the Law (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:19 – Dreams of Greatness (Newsletter)
- Matthew 5:20 – Better than Mother Theresa (Newsletter)
Sermons on Matthew 12
- Matthew 12:31-32 – The Unpardonable Sin
Sermons on Matthew 24
- Matthew 24:45-51 – What Tears May Come
Sermons on Matthew 25
- Matthew 25:1-13 – Ready or Not, Here I Come!
- Matthew 25:14-30 – My! You’re Talented!
- Matthew 25:31-46 – The Sheep and the Goats
I was wondering if you had a sermon or notes on Matthew 21 verses 18 to 22.
We are looking at these verses in a home group and would appreciate what you think Jesus is saying here for our lives today.
I am asking you because I have used some of your sermons for a booklet I was asked to make for children 9 to 12, who had just become new Christians. I found them to be real and down to earth. Easy to read and understand.
I would appreciate any input you may have on these verses.
PS Are you married to Joyce?
Jeremy Myers says
I am sorry, I do not have a sermon on that text (yet).
No, I have no relation to Joyce. She does not know I exist! Ha. I think she spells her last name differently as well…
Hey Jeremy can you explain what Matthew 7:21-23 is talking about ? Im really confused on that verse .