I love having other bloggers and authors write Guest Posts for this blog. See some of the previous Guest Posts here.
While we do accept Guest Post Submissions for the Redeeming God blog, we are moving away from publishing guest posts from random contributors, and are instead focusing on building community within our regular readers. This means that we will only consider guest posts from people who are active in the comment section and membership section of this blog. So if you want to get published on RedeemingGod.com, start by registering as a member, reading some of the blog posts, interacting with others in the comment section, and generally just contributing to our online community.
If you are part of our community and want to write a Guest Post for my blog, I am willing to consider it for publication.
Your post would be:
- Viewed by 1000s of daily visitors
- Sent out to over 3000 people on my weekly mailing list
- Tweeted to over 8,000 followers
- Posted on my Facebook page with over 10,000 “close friends“
All of this could lead to more exposure and readers for your blog!
But here’s the thing … and this is important!
I get about a dozen emails a day from bloggers who want me to help them. Few ever offer to help with my blog. Only rarely do I recognize them from the comment section on this blog, or from seeing them share my posts on Facebook or Twitter. So these bloggers clearly don’t want to build a blogging relationship; they just want to use me. This doesn’t feel good.
If you want to write a guest post for this blog (or for any blog), let me give you two bits of blogging advice that I have put into practice over the years and which have helped me immensely:
- Help others first. Before you seek to get other bloggers to help you, first help them. Share their posts on social networks. Comment on their posts. Add to their community. Be friendly. Be helpful. The vast majority of the guest posts I publish here on this blog only got published here because they were active participants here first.If I came up to you on the street and you had no clue who I was and I said, “Hey, buddy. Can I have $20?” I doubt you would give it to me. But if we had been friends for a few years, you might be more willing to help me out. Blogging is the same way. Bloggers are more likely to help people they know than to help random strangers.
- Do your homework. Before you approach a blogger about maybe getting some help from them, make sure that you have searched their site for “guest post guidelines” or something like that. If the site doesn’t have a search box, just search Google for “guest post RedeemingGod.com” and put their blog name in the place of mine. I regularly get emails from people who say, “Hey, do you allow guest posts? I want to write one. Let me know how.” They clearly did zero research, and are not regular readers of my blog, so this give me no reason to want to help in return. It is sort of like people who want to get their blog on my “Top 100 Christian Blogs” list. They send me emails saying, “How can I get on this list?” Well, the list itself tells people how. Anyway, if you want to write a blog post for another blog, do your homework.But YOU clearly have done some homework, because you are reading this! Well done! So here are some steps for submitting a guest post on the RedeemingGod.com blog:
To submit a guest post to RedeemingGod.com, take the following steps:
- Write a 400-800 word blog post on any topic related to Scripture and Theology (Read some of the others here). Your post should be an original article, which has not been posted elsewhere online.
- Find an appropriate picture or two which fits your blog post.
- Include a small picture of yourself and a 30-50 word bio with 2-3 web links to your blog or other social sites.
- Send all of this to me at guestpost AT redeeminggod.com
I am looking forward to reading what you submit!