What is repentance? How do we repent? Does God ever need to repent?
It is these sorts of questions we are considering today as we look at Jonah 3:9, where the king of Nineveh expresses his hope that God will repent.
The Text of Jonah 3:9
9Who knows? Perhaps God will repent and be sorry, repenting of His burning anger, and we will not be destroyed.”
In this discussion of Jonah 3:9 we look at:
- The king’s statement that he hoped God would repent
- The two words for repentance that the king uses and what they both mean
- Why repentance is important for all people
- The fact that repentance is not a condition for receiving eternal life
- Redeeming God Discipleship Area
- The Gospel Dictionary Online Course
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.
You can see the list of available courses here, and if you join the "Faith," "Hope," or "Love" Discipleship groups here on RedeemingGod.com, you can take all the courses at no additional cost. Go here to learn more and join now.