This study of Genesis 3:1 introduces the most important truth in all of Scripture. I believe that the truth you will learn today is discussed or explained or revealed in some way on almost every page of the Bible, and yet, amazingly, most of us have never seen that it is there. This is because the truth we see today is a truth hidden from the foundation of the world. It is also a truth revealed most clearly by Jesus.
The Text of Genesis 3:1
Genesis 3:1. Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
In this discussion of Genesis 3:1 we look at:
- The word for “serpent” and “cunning” in Genesis 3:1
- What might have really happened between Genesis 2:25 and Genesis 3:1
- Why Eve might not be the guilty one after all
- Why scapegoating is the most important truth in Scripture
- Buy The Atonement of God on Amazon
- Zevit, What Really Happened in the Garden of Eden
- Hardin, Reading the Bible with Rene Girard
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.