What does Genesis 2:24 mean when it says that a man will leave his parents and cleave to his wife? Does this mean we should abandon our parents for the sake of our wife?
This is what we’re going to talk about in this study of Genesis 2:24.
The Text of Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
In this discussion of Genesis 2:24 we look at:
- Various Bible verses that have caused marital strife.
- How Genesis 2:24 may not mean what we think it means.
- How Genesis 2:24 follows Adam’s statement in Genesis 2:23.
- Why leaving parents doesn’t mean abandoning.
- Why it is important to cleave to your spouse.
- Partner with Me
- Zevit, What Really Happened in the Garden of Eden
- Episode 21 – Sex, Food, and Animals
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.