This episode of the One Verse Podcasts look at the third foundational and revolutionary truth from Genesis 2-3. We see it in Genesis 3:6.
This study also considers an important concept from René Girard’s mimetic theory to see how a key concept is found in Genesis 3:6. If you want to learn more about this and how these insights help us understand God, Scripture, theology, current events, politics, and even your very own life, I recommend you get started with my book The Atonement of God.
The Text of Genesis 3:6
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
In this discussion of Genesis 3:6 we look at:
- Why Genesis 3:6 is the grammatical center of Genesis 2–3
- The third foundational truth: “Imitation Awakens Desire”
- How Eve came to desire the forbidden fruit
- The problem with religious fences is revealed
- The shocking revelation that Adam was right there with Eve
- Buy The Atonement of God on Amazon
- Mettinger, The Eden Narrative – Amazon
- Sailhamer, The Meaning of the Pentateuch – Amazon or CBD
- Wenham, Genesis 1–15 – Amazon or CBD
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.