I’ve encountered several people recently who fear death. I don’t know if you fear death or not. Personally, I don’t.
But as we study the book of Jonah, we see that Jonah sort of wanted to die, but he didn’t want to die by drowning. We see why in this study of Jonah 2:3. We see that Jonah prefers to die by digestion that to die by drowning. Isn’t that strange?
The Text of Jonah 2:3
For you cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
In this discussion of Jonah 2:3 we look at:
- Why Jonah says God threw him into the sea when it was the sailors
- The description of the sea and what it means for Jonah
- Why Jonah prefers to die by digestion than to die by drowning
- Get the Kindle Reading App for Free
- Get my book The Atonement of God for $2.99
- Redeeming God Discipleship Area
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.