What does Genesis 1:26 mean when it refers to humans being made in the image of God?
Does it mean that we have intellect, emotions, and will?
Or maybe, just as God is a Trinity, is it referring to our three parts: body, soul, and spirit.
Or does it refer to something else entirely?
I go with the last option: something else entirely. We begin to see what that something else is in this episode of the One Verse Podcast as we begin to look at the image of God in Genesis 1:26.
The Text of Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
In this discussion of Genesis 1:26 we look at:
- What it means to be made in the image of God.
- Why the image of God is not related to the Trinity.
- Why the image of God is not intellect, emotions, and will.
- The first (of four) contextual clues about the image of God.
- Become a Patron of the One Verse Podcast
- Collins, Genesis 1-4 – Amazon or CBD
- Wenham, Genesis – Amazon or CBD
- Walton, Lost World of Genesis One, Amazon or CBD
- My old beliefs on the image of God in Genesis
- 7 Activities of God in the Bible
- Subscribe and Leave a Review on iTunes
Downloadable Podcast Resources
Those who are part of my online discipleship group may download the MP3 audio file for this podcast and view the podcast transcript below.You must join a discipleship group or login to download the MP3 and view the transcript.
Do you like learning about the Bible online?
Do you like learning about Scripture and theology through my podcast? If so, then you will also love my online courses. They all have MP3 audio downloads, PDF transcripts, quizzes, and a comment section for questions and interaction with other students.
If you want to deepen your relationship with God and better understand Scripture, take one (or all) of these courses. They are great for personal study or for a small group Bible study.
You can see the list of available courses here, and if you join the Discipleship group, you can take all the courses at no additional cost. Go here to learn more and join now.