Chapter 8 in my book, Close Your Church for Good, is called “Down with Preaching.” In it, I explore the idea that preaching as it is practiced today may not reflect the biblical method of teaching the Scripture, nor is it the best way to make disciples of believers. To properly teach Scripture, we many need to stop preaching!
Please note that due to some of the feedback I receive on these posts, this chapter might be radically revised for the final edition of the book. These changes will only be available in the print or eBook version when it comes out.
Here are the blog posts that come from this chapter:
- Hey Pastor! Sit Down and Shut Up!
- A Little Less Talk, and A Lot More Action
- Defining Preaching
- Preaching vs. Teaching
- Giving the Sense of Nehemiah 8:8
- Is Line by line Preaching Biblical?
- The Teaching Method of Jesus
- The Teaching Method of the Apostles in Acts
- Preach the Word – 2 Timothy 4 2
- Study your Bible LESS
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Teaching
- Do I Hate Preaching?
- On the Way Teaching
- Preaching Today
- Increasing our Biblical Literacy
- How to Make Sermons more Interactive
- Doing Sermon Application Right
To read the content of any other chapters, check out the post which contains the Table of Contents to Close Your Church for Good.