I have certain Bible teachers that I listen to all the time, some for the content, some for their style and delivery. Recently, I found one who has it all. His sermon is 27 minutes long, and is on YouTube for you to view.
After watching this video, you will see that Seminary was a complete waste of time. If you want to preach, all you need to remember is these seven things:
- (Mis)read several Bible verses.
- Say “Glory be to God Hallelujah” a lot.
- Speak in tongues when you get tongue-tied.
- Tell Satan to get behind you.
- Wave your arms.
- Tell people rock music will damn their souls to hell.
- Tell people they’re going to hell if they don’t tithe.
If you ever wonder why many people think church is just a religious circus, it because of preachers like this.
I shouldn’t be too hard on the guy though… It’s his first time preaching after all…
My first sermon was terrible as well. It was awful. I was about 14 and I preached to a group of inmates at the Montana State Prison. I remember thinking afterwards, “Let me out of here before they kill me!” I don’t remember what I said, but it was so bad, no one even tried to tell me “Good sermon” afterwards.